Re:

by Alpha Witch <alpha1(at)atel.net>

 Date:  Sat, 04 Jul 1998 17:57:33
 To:  <astrid1(at)iinet.net.au>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:52 AM 7/5/98 +0800, Astrid Miller wrote:

>I began learning HTML about 2 months ago, before that I did not even know
>what HTML meant.  I feel as though I've discovered my true purpose in life,
>and am in the process of planning to start my own web based business.

Greetings, Astrid!! 'Addicting' isn't it!! :)

>"Astrid's WebSpace" (http://www.iinet.net.au/~astrid1/index.html) is my
>first attempt at creating my own site, and I'd appreciate whatever input I
>can get from those in the know.

I'm not sure how much 'in the know' I am <G> ... but ... the dinosaur
(Tandy 2500 SX/25, 28.8, 13" Netscape 2.01) and I went for a visit ... and
... although the background is quite beautiful ... it's also VERY busy!

You have text in both black and white in places ... and neither one shows
up particularly well on the background. You might try making all of the
text 'bold' in order to make it stand out more!

At the bottom of your page you only have the icons 'linked' ..  it might be
a good idea to also make the text under the accents 'linked' also.

A 'few' things missing in order to pass validation are 'alt' tags,
quotations around image sizes, and the document type at the beginning of
your page coding. The validator is at <http://www.validator.w3.org/> ...
run your pages through there and you'll see just what needs to be
'tweaked'. :)

I didn't have time to check more than a couple of pages, but you have done
a good job on the layout ... it 'looks' great ... just need lots of fine
tuning!

Monica