RE: a re-review site review

by Figment <cpowell1(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Dec 1997 13:00:55 -0500
 To:  mbrink(at)radiks.net,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
>> From:	Matthew Brink [SMTP:mbrink(at)radiks.net]
>> please re-review http://www.9inchnails.com, i have gotten a few comments
>> about color scheme on the site and the text and graphics not being
>> contrasted enough.

I have to say that I liked the site!  I remember a thread a while back on
this exact type of thing (artistic intent vs readibility) and I believe the
person may have been using the exact same colors...  I, personally, had no
problems reading it, and, knowing NIN as I do, believe that brighter colors
just would not be fitting! <g>

At the same time, it is important to look for a solution if most people are
complaining of eyestrain...  (On the home page, I did have a bit of a hard
time reading the "I got my heart but my heart is no good" graphic.)  One
suggestion would be to make the font on the non-graphical text bigger, or
use a slightly brighter color for it.  And, maybe, rather than trying to
make the graphical text brighter, add a highlight to it.  Kind of a reverse
drop-shadow.  Create the original text in the color you have, then create
it again in a lighter color.  Put the lighter text behind the original
text, then move it up and to the left one or two pixels.  (I'm just doing
this out of my head, so you may have to play with it to make it look right.)

On a different note, I would put the navigation that pops up when you click
on a link in the other frame rather than another window.  GREAT pic of
Trent in that new window, though.

All-in-all, I think it's a BEAUTIFUL, artistic site.  I think that Trent
would be pleased.  I plan on spending more time there when I have the time
and seeing what else you collect.  (Just stay away from stills from
Happiness in Slavery... <g>)

Cherie
---
Visit T.O.R.C.H. - The Official R.T.A-F Collector's Haven!
The official Web site for the people of rec.toys.action-figures,
and for anyone who still plays with toys.
http://cpowell1.home.mindspring.com/RTAF/home.htm