Re: site reviews

by Kersti <kersti(at)elysian.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 07 Jan 1998 11:07:46 +1100
 To:  Michael Abramovich <mabram(at)balance.com.au>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:39 7/01/98 +1100, you wrote:
>could you good folk mosey on over to
>
>http://www.wr.com.au/balance/akubra/
>
>and let me know what's wrong.  The site is a test version of a new site,

Very attractive site, but I didn't like having to move my mouse over the
logo before I found out what was there. If I stumbled across this while
surfing I would probably just hit the back button and move out.

I like the red background and would prefer that to the internal white
pages. Keeps continuity and looks more professional.

On the history page etc, I didn't like the nav at the left at all. It was
annoying and hard to see. Mouseovers can be nice, but here they got in the
way. I'd prefer a bar of colour (perhaps a section of the the previous
page's background) down that side. At least then it would tie in with the
contents page. Keep the little hat icon though - that looked good.

Is any other text possible? The Cotillion is a little hard to read. It's
not as bad as that nav thing though...

One other thing, that has nothing to do with design - I would make a large
effort to placate the animal rights people and answer a few questions:
	- how are the bunny's sourced (you use the term "bunny" and this makes
		me think of a cute pet - although being from Aus myself, I know
		they're vermin, but not everyone does)
	- what happens to the rest of the carcass? If you're going to kill it, at
	least use it all. Does it become pet food?
	- are the source bunnys farmed? or are they hunted?

Perhaps you could add a section on materials in general which could cover
all of the materials used and their sources. It could then cover why the
materials used are the best. You've hidden that info and I may be too
disgusted and righteous to find it.

Hope you find this helpful and not too mean.

Kindest regards,

Kersti

http://www.elysian.com.au