Re: Web Critiques????

by f u s i o n <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Wed, 07 Jan 1998 12:09:58 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
While on a grassy hilltop in Northern Spain, surrounded by goats, Gabriele
Endress wrote:

----
>Hi all,
----

Backatcha.

Site: http://rielle.simplenet.com/SailorMoon.html

----
>If you could include your O/S, browser, browser version and resolution
>I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
----

Win95 / NN 4 / MSIE 3 / 33.6 dialup / 16 bit color

----
>1. design,
>2. layout,
>4. color scheme
----

1. http://rielle.simplenet.com/sailormoon.htm
Needs a "home" link back to the front page.

2. If you'll notice, on <http://rielle.simplenet.com/links.html>, the
bolder text look much better on the color background you have chosen. IMO,
I would make all of your text bold, and I would make the emphasized parts
(links, whatever) one size larger, or another color. But, making
the color different may make it more confusing. For the plain text, I think
the burgundy color of your links would look better, IMO.

3. I'd spice up the titles of all of the pages, as you did here:
<http://rielle.simplenet.com/SailorMoon.html>

----
>3. usability,(and I'm aware it doesn't quite work for 640X480 res ..
>working on that :-)
----

4. All of the images loaded just fine; quick loading.
The image quality was about as good as you can get.

5. You already know about the 640x480 problem.

6. Since you are already having to do the front page's image over to
accommodate the 640x480 problem, why not make the front page's image and
the text links one. I'd fine some way to incorporate it all into one
clickable image. (Just my opinion) Get a bit more creative with it, have
fun :)

----
>Gabriele Endress
----

I know it was a bit short, but there's not a lot to talk about. Don't get
me wrong, I'm just in a hurry. So far so good; I'd just add a bit more=
 flair.=20

For whatever it's worth, hope I helped,

b.j.