Re: Please critique the Gong Business Directory

by Kersti <kersti(at)elysian.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:58:01 +1100
 To:  Sandee Szarka <sandee(at)badapple.cs.uow.edu.au>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 15:03 10/01/98 +1100, Sandee Szarka wrote:
>G'day all,
>	I was wondering if you guys would critique the Gong Business
>Directory site (http://www.thegong.com.au/default.asp). This site is
>dedicated to the
>local Illawarra community and contains info about the region and local
>business.
>	I am hoping to receive feedback with regards to layout and design,
>	Thanks in advance,
>		Sandee

My thoughts:

- Change the title to something more meaningful, at the moment it is
"Selection"
- Check your grammar, it makes all the difference between a professional
page and a hack (yes, people DO notice those little things)
- Please explain the graphical links at the top - one was an animation of a
road that went to links, the middle one was a pretty phone number (which I
would assume is for THEGONG - oh I get it, a slow banner ad) and went to a
software place and the other I didn't bother with
- The page loaded quite fast and smoothly
- Other than that, I'd centre the first page and tell the world a little
more about  Illawarra - where is it? what's the point in going there? You
know - touristy stuff
- Your link to whatson.html doesn't work

Overall, looks great

Kersti