Re: http://www.cheeracf.com/

by Kersti <kersti(at)elysian.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Jan 1998 10:03:24 +1100
 To:  hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 15:22 16/01/98 -0600, DaShaun Carter wrote:
>I suppose its time for a site to be critiqued...
>
>http://www.cheeracf.com
>
>I would honestly like to be ripped into.  The counter is correct and hasn't
>been changed the site has been up for since March.  I wasn't really pleased
>with it until now...I would like honest and open remarks...If cursing is
>necessary please send me private email so as not to offend other members...
>
>One major concern of mine is security...If any blatent holes are seen
>please let me know.

My opinions:

- put the "go" button next to the drop down menu, although I can't really
see why you'd bother, you have a fairly straight-forward structure

- the coloured logo looks horrid, you need to redo it, but change it to RGB
before you resize and you should then retain a smooth image

- Is that writing on those pics on the left of your header? Can't really
tell. I'd replace those pics with one single shot of a very attractive
fully-decked out cheerleader, possible a professional one if you can get
permission - show the glamour that you can achieve

- Testamonials are for those who cannot come up with their own copy. You
are starting to look like one of those 2 hour-long commercials for fitness
equipment here, it's a great idea, but make it less prominent - not in the
top 1/3. A good sample of how to do testamonials without it barging in can
be found throughout this site (yes, designed by me)
http://www.wesley.vic.edu.au (it's a little slow)

- most pages had standard text, the employment page was in bold - decide on
one style and look and stick to it.

- the scrolling thing for chant-of-the=day is cute, but quite annoying. I
was expecting to get a list of chants. Perhaps rename the button to
chant-of-the-day

- Id roll videoas and books into one and call it publications, then in the
write up for each I's spell out whether it was a video or book

- I'd also lose the chant of the day and maybe put that on the front page,
or somewhere else

- The t-shirt are probably great, but I have no idea 'cos I cant click on
the image and get a clearer one. What? no t-shirt with that logo on it?

Anyway, that's my opinions...

Regards

Kersti