[Belated] Re:Critique: Antelo Place

by Brian <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 1998 00:07:33 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>http://members.aol.com/hm4/

win95/28.8 gerbil powered/800x600/16 bit highcolor/17" display/2 quarts of
89 octane/

Demitrius asked:

>1) Appearance

Gorgeous.

>2) Layout

Outstanding design, complimentary colors, love the background (dramatic;
fitting for such a monstrous house). Very clean cut- smooth layout. (see
navigation)

[1] http://members.aol.com/hm4/page2.htm
I would center the paragraph directly under the image, using a table the
same width as the image.

I think real estate photographs can't get much better than that.

[2] http://members.aol.com/hm4/page3.htm
I would also lower the text, to the left of the photo, to line up with the
bottom of the image.
Over here, it would make the text sit right in the shadow of the building
in the background, and it would also create an illusion of a bigger space
(as if the house needs to look bigger;)

[3] http://members.aol.com/hm4/page4.htm
The font changed on this page from Verdana to Arial :) Still looks good;
the average surfer, million-dollar-house-buyer would never notice though.
Same deal with the paragraph down under=> align it.

<temper="tantrum">How do you get such good quality jpgs in such small
sizes?</temper>

Great images, Demitrius. And I'd be willing to bet the photographer has a
house down the street.

[4] http://members.aol.com/hm4/page5.htm
I'd feel down right dirty eating a cheese sandwich in that sucker. Geeze,
I'd bet the carpet has gloss, if you looked close enough. ==>Align the
description<==
I feel like I should spend more time at this page (see art below)

[5] http://members.aol.com/hm4/page6.htm
==> align description <==
How was the house built? This would be a great place to give me the scoop.
What are those buildings to the left in the top corner?

>3) Content; if you were in the market for this particular class of home,
>what sales message would you expect to see?

A damn good one. But, if I had 12 million dollars, I don't think anything
anyone said could convince me to purchase the house. I think I'd have to
make up my own mind. That pretty much goes for everything from golf clubs
to lawn fertilizer to tennis shoes.
[art]
But I think I'd like an elegant, mouth-watering description of the
interior, as well as the city it's in: the art (!!!), the furnishings, sky
lights, how it looks at night, what the town is like, the laziest room in
the house, the most formal, who has lived there, extraordinary features
(besides the fact that it's bigger than any hotel in my home town),
landscaping, trees-- even the brass on the shingles, if it's there.

I'd want to leave the site feeling like I just walked out of the
_back_door_ (or side, front, or balcony, whatever the case may be :) How
about all four?

I would want to feel a more personal side of this home, receive a warmer
feeling. It's as big as Niagara falls, but it begs comfort-- somewhere, I
just know it.

>4) Navigation; does it make sense?

Makes sense to me, but I'd use the links image for all of them. BUT, I'd
make the current page's button colored, and the rest of them in grey scale.
Same tones, same highlights, just b&w. I hope that made sense. Good idea?

>Thanks in advance for your time and critique.

A pleasure. Nice, nice, nice site. Extremely classy. Professional. You know
it too :)

brian j. | fusion web design
freelance graphic designer/web developer
fusion(at)greenwood.net
<http://www.ais-gwd.com/~fusion>
[i.c.q. 1057986]