Re: CRITIQUE REQUEST: Another Non-Profit Site (www.stc-inc.org/new-site/)

by Brian <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:57:31 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Kevin Michael Reed wrote:

>> I would like your opinions on another site that I'm working on for my
>> organization...
>> I would basically just like critique on the Splash Page and the Menu
Page...
------------------------------------

>It took about 8 minutes to load at 33.6! WOW!A 1300k File @ 3.4kbps
>Trim the main animated graphic down! No one will wait that long just to see
>that.
>It looks good otherwise.
--------

Je-zus-H-christ. 3100k file! Gawd.

You *MUST* seek another route. Yes, I said must, as in-- have to. No_one
will wait for that. **Not that it's bad, its actually good looking;
dithered, but good.

Also the background on your second page is 71k. WOWZers!

You could trim the second page main image down to around 10 or 9k. It is
currently 22k.

The Bandwidth Conservation Society:
<http://www.infohiway.com/way/faster/homebcs.htm>

Scroll down to "Tutorials Revealing the secrets to faster pages,"
click, read, and *learn* :)

brian j. | [i.c.q. 1057986] fusion(at)greenwood.net
f r e e l a n c e graphic designer/web developer
fusion design <<http://www.ais-gwd.com/~fusion>>

"No, it's not done yet. Feb 21. I know, I know."