Re: Critique my new page(http://www.angelfire.com/il/dcscap)

by Chris Messina <cmessina(at)sandstormpublishing.com>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Mar 1998 21:06:54 -0500
 To:  "Brian Elfstrom" <dcscap(at)usaf.org>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would suggest making your toolbar images 16-color gifs, which should cut
the size of each image down considerably. You might also consider making
the whole toolbar link buttons one image and making an imagemap to again
cut down on size.

Toolbar scrolling IMHO shouldn't happen. Perhpas you should move the bottom
four images to the bottom of your "intro" page.

Your code was impossible to read (ie. it was in one long string in
Notepad). I'd check the targets on your toolbar--it opened a new browser
window when I clicked on "Home."

Not a bad start, but you should definitely try to speed it up a little.

Would like to see where you take it from here!

Chris Messina
Sandstorm Publishing
http://www.sandstormpublishing.com
http://www.sandstormpublishing.com/thecloset