Critique For:

by David Gauer <gauer(at)>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:18:40 -0700
 To:  hwg-critique(at)
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Pete,

>Any thoughts on spicing it up would be nice.
>No flames because it's so basic...thanks.

Actually, I wonder how flames _would_ look on your page...  He he.

Well, for starters, I think you might do better with a background color
other than the default grey.  My guess is that you are using a 4.0 browser
and didn't even notice it.  I forget that all the time when I'm making a
page I want to be white.

Right now all of the text goes across the whole screen.  I think that
perhaps if you use some tables (I'll admit I've got a fetish for tables) to
place blocks of text in strategic places on the pages, it might add a
little spice to the text.  It would also be an artsy typographic move.

I wonder what a background with just a little bit of a red gradient on the
left side would look like?  Something like this: for example.

Also, I noticed that the link to the RIT Pluralism Site on your services
page gave me a 404 error.  Right now the link is "".
If you change that to "" it should
fix the problem.

Other than that, I think it's refreshingly minimalistic.

-David Gauer

Browsers: NN4.05, IE3.0
Modem: 57.6K
Monitor: 17"