Critique for http://www.quantumwebdesigns.com

by David Gauer <gauer(at)ratfactor.com>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Aug 1998 19:27:53 -0700
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Please critique my site at:  www.quantumwebdesigns.com
>
>Please send a copy of the critique to: quantumdesigns(at)uswest.net
>   (I don't always read the critique list posts)

Hello John,

I'm going to take my chances and trust you'll bother to read the list now
that your site is up for critique.  :-)

1) Your 3-D rendered logo is very nice looking.  That's a cool font too.
This is purely subjective, but I wonder what the logo would look like if
you chopped the "Web Designs" part off, squished it a little bit, and then
stuck it under the word "Quantum".  It might look something like this:
http://ratfactor.com/beta/quantum.jpg
Like I said, that's totally subjective.

2) Pop-Ups are to me what a waving muleta is to a bull.  But I guess you
have no control over that one.

3) The services page is nice.

4) There are a couple of <blink> tags on your "Pricing" page.  Probably not
a good idea.

5) All of the pages have a bgcolor of #ffffff.  However, since the
background image is black, I would change the bgcolor to #000000 so that it
will be less of a shock to the user and so that the white text will be
visible while the background image is still loading.

6) Another <blink> on the "Contact Us" page.

Well, that's about it.  I hope you will take my critique as just the
friendly advice that it was intended to be.

Best of luck,

David Gauer

Browsers: NN4.05, IE3.0
Modem: 57.6K