Re: Please see my site

by Elysia De Chenn <elysia(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Fri, 06 Nov 1998 13:26:01 -0500
 To:  tjtmd(at)ibm.net
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org

Specs:  Win95
	 17-inch monitor
	 1024X768 res, 256 colors
	 NN 4.05

Alright, let's get down to it -- perhaps it's a fad, perhaps it isn't, but
I'd like to preach on the simple elegance of a either a splash page, or an
page that doesn't have a scrollbar (For an example of a splashpage, you can
visit http://members.xoom.com/no_faith/)  That's way too much information
to throw at someone when they first visit the page.

A suggestion...use frames to make one area of your page stationary, for
easy navigation, because having links here and there and everywhere is
rather confusing.  If you don't want to use frames, a simple navigation bar
(either via images, imagemap or text) will do, just to give some order to
the chaos.

E-mail me privately if you've questions about how to do this.

Not to sound like a [censored], but the choice of colors used is...well,
startling.  The contrast made me cover my eyes in pain *chuckles*

Alright, enough from me.

//Ely
--
"I have to learn to let you      | No Faith
 crash down...you were wild,     |  [ http://members.xoom.com/no_faith/]