Re: Critique Please

by Mike Mann <mmann(at)internetx.net>

 Date:  Tue, 01 Dec 1998 10:45:22 -0500
 To:  webmaster(at)aviationet.net,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Netscape 4.05
16 million colors
800x600 res
T-1 access

I really like the background. The colors, the shapes, the texture. Now with
that said, get rid of it. It would make a nice walpaper on your desktop,
but as a background on a website, it's to busy, bold, and makes the text
extremly hard to read. Toning it down might help.

When you create the logo text, try anti-ailising the edges. Your text looks
jagged and tore on the edges. Also, you might want to think about another
border color for the text besides yellow. It does not go with the rest of
the site. Try a grey or different shade of blue. Pull it fronm the
background before you tone the bg down.

The text on the about us page is not readable. again the background is
overpowering. Loose the big logo on the tops of the pages. Try a smaller
logo in the right or left corner. Makes for quicker load times and draws
the attention back to the text.

At 06:55 PM 11/30/98 -0500, webmaster(at)aviationet.net wrote:
>Fellow Members,
>
>I would appreciate it if you would take a look at a site I am building. It
>is almost done, all I have left is the online application form to complete.
>My customer likes it but I want your mass expertise to verify my quality.
><http://www.aviationet.net/able>
>
>Thank you
>David

Michael Mann