Re: Critique, Please

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:44:34 -0800
 To:  killian(at)ilikethis.cz
 Cc:  Starr Wolf <starrwolf(at)texoma.net>, hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:12 a.m. 12/31/98 +0100, killian jenkins wrote:
>Is not your signature a sitting duck.  A professional designer would keep their
>faith to themselves.  Trust me... the Lord will not rescue in this one.

I'm sorry, I can't disagree more strongly.  There's no reason that
a "professional" designer (or a professional _anything_) would have
to hide their religious beliefs.

Killian, things like this are undoubtedly a cultural issue.  You
clearly come from a different country than I do.  Therefore, it's
somewhat foolish of you to make sweeping generalizations about
professional behavior.

As an example:  it's quite common, when flipping through the yellow
pages here (that's a categorized phone book), to see little Christian
fish or crosses in ads -- at least around here.  These people want
to be identified as Christian, and in America, at least, it's more
than tolerated for them to do so.  There's nothing wrong -- by
_my_ culture -- with trumpeting your beliefs.

I find a religious sig far less unprofessional than someone asking
for help with a website and getting attacked/flamed for their
religious beliefs.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>                   http://www.kynn.com/
Design an accessible web site:                http://www.kynn.com/+fedweb