Re: Beast In Me

by Kersti at Work <kanear(at)pacificaccess.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:58:48 +1100
 To:  laddasso(at)tigger.jvnc.net
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org, tad davis <taddavis(at)interport.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:18 AM 10/27/98 +0000, Bob Ladd wrote:
>OK Tad -
>I agree with the other comments, that the green has to go. But also, you
>should lose the light blue background on the gallery page. Why? Because
>it detracts from the artwork, which is the product. When you walk into
>an art gallery, you generally view the work, whether painting,
>sculpture, or photography, against a WHITE background. I suggest you do
>the same with your web gallery.

I would suggest that white will not help these particular images much.
White on a computer screen bleeds too much and would be overwhelming. I
would suggest a shade of grey or cream that is not quite pure white, but
almost... something to take the edge off it.

This site that follows shows artworks that worked much better against a
black background...

http://www.users.bigpond.com/cain/

Regards

Kersti