Re: Comments please, Inukshuk site

by Charlotte Gardner <vgardner(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:41:21 -0400
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  wpeck(at)wpeck.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hi all,

>This site is phase one complete (or until I hear from you *s*). We have
>plans to increase information in both the legends and artist sections, but
>do not have all we need yet.

( Win95, NN 4.5 )

Hi Wendy,

Overall I really like the site. It has a nice clean design.
The colors are beautiful, interesting typography, great photos,
easy navigation.

I'm on digest so you may have heard this already, but here
goes...

There's a problem with the blue heading on the artist and the
legends pages. The curved blue graphic is shifted slightly on
my monitor, i.e. the right edges are not matching up. Also the
blue heading and the blue curve don't appear to be the same blue.
The curve is a tad darker.

The menu buttons are in a different order on the home page
than they are on the interior pages.

I'd make the subheadings on the interior pages stand out more.
Bigger font or bolder or more colorful or...

The spacing between the subheadings and the big blue headings
is not uniform on the interior pages. "Maurice Bedard" is the
closest, "Find out more about our line of products" is the
farthest away... Same problem with spacing between the blue
curve and the menu buttons.

BTW, have you tested the site at 640x480? The user will always
have to scroll to get to the menu. Could be annoying to some.

HTH,
Charlotte