Re: Subject:

by Charlotte Gardner <vgardner(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:10:44 -0400
 To:  david.demets(at)skynet.be
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Could you check this preview out for me?
>I should say that the client only cares about explorer and netscape 4+
>browsers, ...
>And YES, I've used frames. ;-)

Hi David,

I really like the site: nice layout, great 3-d effects,
interesting buttons/rollovers...

My suggestions:

Splash page: Light grey block looks flat. Why not make
it 3-d like the grey blocks on interior pages?

Add <NOFRAMES> section with content for search engines
that don't like frames.

Add ALT tags to graphics. Test site with graphics
turned off to make sure you can navigate.

Change the dark blue drop shadow under the red text. It's
really hard on my eyes. Maybe change it to a mix of blue
and white like in the photo?

Find a way to add lighter colors to the site. After the
info page with the bright photo, the rest of the site looks
dark to me.

( PC, Win95, 800x600 res. )

HTH,
Charlotte