Re: Critique my site: http://home.svm.nl/~gerhard/

by Gerhard(at)Frappe.iaf.nl (Gerhard Hoogterp)

 Date:  Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:09:05 GMT
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:47:07 -0700, you wrote:

>Technical Comments-
>
>1. The images eleni.gif on the first page won't load completely, you may
>need to upload this image again.

I check it out, but I'm fairly sure it does load completely. This
would be hard to miss on the first page..=20

>2. In noticed that you use non-interlaced gifs.  You might want to try
>using interlaced gifs and compare the loading speeds.  Or use jpgs which
>tend to be smaller in size than gifs [again I would recommend comparing

The files are not too bigand the gifs are mostly a left over from the
first version of the site, many moons ago. But your remark is a nice
push towards playing a little with jpg's and having the added bonus of
24bits color.=20

>1. In the photo expo area, you have tables boxes with a blue background =
but
>the links are blue also.  The text for the links do not stand out enough
>from the table background color.

I missed thisone.. Typically a result of last minute changes in the
stylesheet (the link colors) and not checking EVERY page afterwards.=20
Thanks!

Gerhard
--
LiveSystems Software, http://home.svm.nl/~gerhard