Re: Request for Review

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 01 Sep 1998 09:14:25 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:32 AM 9/1/98 -0400, John J. Pardini Jr. wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Would like to have someone review:
>
>http://www.geocities.com/~intrepidzone

Hello. First, let me say that this is an amateur critique, so take it as it
is<g>
First, I would lose the Javascript welcome thingy. I personally am not to
enamored of them. Plus, it is usually not a good idea to tell what a site
is "best viewed by." No one(or very few) will change settings or get a new
browser to look at your site.

Second, the intro(splash) page doesn't serve any function except to make
surfers have to click yet another time. I would rather just get to the
content.

Now, this is just me, but I don't like anything in the bottom that
scrolls(specifically talking about the current. When I put my mouse on a
link, I would like to see clearly where the link is going to go. Some
people don't mind this, though.

You seem to have a lot of good information to share. I would consider a
little different organization of the material.. make the different sports
more obvious sections.

I like the graphics. They don't overtake the page!
The page loaded nice and fast, too.