Re: I'm being brave - Lemme Have It!

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Dec 1998 19:43:39 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:29 PM 12/31/98 -0500, Wayne Fisher wrote:

>OK.... in light of the past few days, I'm gonna be real brave here and
>request a critique of a site I recently redesigned:
>
>Original design: http://www.gaywired.com/update
>New design: http://www.gaywired.com/update/redesign
>
>And, for those of you offended by gay subject matter (no, there's
>nothing obsence or objectionable on the site), don't bother.

I guess I have no problem with gay subject matter<g>.

First, the buttons for the various subject matters(Metro, etc) would look
better transparent instead of having the white background. It would look
less tacky. I would also make the buttons smaller, but that is more my
taste. I am usually not enamored of large buttons.

In each section, I would have a list of stories with individual links
instead of having every story in their entirety on the page. It will lead
to less clutter on each page.

I do like the framed site better than the original(although I am not a huge
fan of frames).

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com