Re: Stiffer HWG Rules as per Starr's sisters suggestion

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Dec 1998 19:49:37 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:38 PM 12/31/98 -0500, Kaleidescope Creative Services wrote:

>Anyways, back to the heart of this message. The guild must instill stiffer
>rules to stop this sort of thing. Might I suggest putting an age restriction
>on its members. 18 seems a reasonable age. Especially for a list as
>sensitive as the Critique list.

The listguides usually do get involved in these sorts of things if they
feel there has been a topic stray or similar. However, let's remember that
it IS the holidays and listguides, like everyone else, do have real lives
to lead.

Age restrictions? Not needed. Like someone said, if you are going to
prepare for or call yourself a professional, you should be also be prepared
for the negative assholes along with the non-assholes. We can't be that
sensitive whether we are 16 or 116.

I do agree, though, that a more professional demeanor in those of us doing
critiquing is in order. However, that should not keep us from "tearing a
site apart." That is what this list is for after all.

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com