Re: http://www.the-english-room.net critique please

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 08 Jan 1999 11:26:35 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:02 AM 1/8/99 -0800, MSR wrote:

> I have recently redesigned the following two pages in The English Room at
the
> suggestion of one of the educational search engines.  The suggestion was for
> the pages for teachers be more accessible.  The major question I have is
> whether I should include a link to teacher pages on each section of the site
> or one location as it is now.  Please check the following two URL's as I
> would appreciate feedback on ease of navigation in addition to aesthetics,
> coding,  and any other comments you might have.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/9699/>http://www.geocities.com/Ath
> ens/Aegean/9699/

Hello! Well, first I liked that you have pretty small buttons. Too often
people
get out of hand with the size of their buttons. I also liked the overall look
of the site.

I would not center all of the text. Perhaps center important text, but not all
of the text.

Load time for all of the pages I went to were good.

I would have an alternative font to Comic Sans. Usually Arial and
Helvetica(for
Mac folks) are the best.

Considering the color of text and background you chose to use, I could read
the
text just fine.

On the 30 days of poetry page, the HWG logo, the EFF logo, the IE logo and the
other organization logo show up as broken links.

Are all of these pages supposed to work together(It seems like it)? If so, I
would go for a uniform approach to the look. I saw two other backgrounds on a
couple of the internal pages. I would make the graphical presentation uniform.

> <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/9699/internet_lessons.htm>http://w
> ww.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/9699/internet_lessons.htm
> The next URL is within the English Room site.  It has been recently
> redesigned using CSS. I would appreciate any comments regarding their use in
> addition to ease of navigation, download time, aesthetics, etc.

The navigation, etc are fine to me. Front Page added lots of &nbsp's that are
not needed.

Hope this little bit helps.

> <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/9699/poetry/english_room30_days_of
>
> _poetry.htm>http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/9699/poetry/english_roo
> m30_days_of_poetry.htm
>
> Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.
>
> Marsha Rogers

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com