Re: Leafsplace.com

by "From the Office of Craig T, Harding" <info(at)guidenet.net>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:40:48 -0500
 To:  John Caesar Leafston <leaf(at)leafsplace.com>,
HWG Critique List <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Netscape 4.7

I would agree with the other person who didn't like that silly statement
at the start. It's both insulting to the designer and the visitor. A
designer doesn't admit that they can't create for more than one browser
and can't design for some resolutions. That is very tacky in my opinion
especially the immature statement "mickeysoft." Fortunately this is just
a personal site so it doesn't really matter, but had this been a
professional site, such would be inexcusable, of course.

Now, I would suggest lightening up on the contrast of the background. At
1024 and higher resolutions the text gets lost in the background and
becomes annoying to read. Maybe bolding up the text a bit would help.

I'd lose that scrolling thingie. It's hard to read and has a similar
effect as a blink tag.

I've personally never liked the use of table borders as an element of
design, so would suggest you use space and elements to block out your
text.

I'd lose all that time and date stuff. Just because you learn to cut and
paste scripts doesn't mean your should. Everyone has a clock on their
computer, wrist, desks as well as several others. You don't need to put
one on the site.

Overall, I liked the content and the pages were laid out ok. Good luck
in your endeavor.