Re: first paid site!!!! members.xoom.com/enigmatize

by C and P <enigma(at)netcom.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 19 Dec 1998 12:40:06 -0500
 To:  "William F. Ryals" <ryals(at)ix.netcom.com>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks for the reply... see my comments below...
phil.

>You've got a good layout and nice color scheme. Red's the color of passion -
>highly appropriate in the corporate logo! Good call on softening the main
>text. The lavender shade evokes a sense of mystery and romance. If you
>hadn't mentioned colorizing black&white photos and graphics I wouldn't have
>noticed them at all. That's how well they fit the subject!
Im glad you think so!  I had wondered if they fit in or looked weird.

>Your main sequence is a classic CBT page-turner. Not a bad way to gradually
>build a relationship with your viewer.
CBT?

>If a brochure or flyer and a disk full of clip art are all your client
>provided you've done a great job of creating a web presence. But, there's so
>much more interactivity with the web that you can offer.
Yep, exactly.  A brochure, some disks.  They expected magic. La la la.

>Consider suggesting one or more of the following when you go back to your
>client:
>- An online "Soul Mate Survey" submitted directly to your client.
Yes!  You have read my mind.  They were talking about this soul survey and
I said "you could do that on the site as well."  They were dumbfounded.
"We could?"  It will be online soon.  :)

>- A short survey form or personality quiz (the magazine type - no personal
>details). Here's a chance for a continuing relationship with your client.
>You can update this monthly with feedback or statistics from the previous
>months survey.
There will be monthly updates from the parties they have and stuff going on
in the key club and at the yacht.  etc etc.   Lots of photos, interviews
etc.  Right now all you see is the shell of the site...more to come!

>- An "About us..." page detailing the following: location, address,
>telephone number, staff, etc.
Working on it now... I will have it done before I transfer the site to the
permanent host.

>- Success stories: any product or service can benefit from testimonials from
>satisfied customers.
An idea I will mention to the client.  I think this was discussed
briefly... I dunno.