Re: Critique homepage, please

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:56:59 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:38 AM 1/26/99 -0800, Carol B. wrote:

>Okay, here's my first page (it use to look worse! *L*)...
>
>http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/8563/
>
>I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions!

Hi Carol!

First, the size of the graphics on the front page is to me a little large.
I would make them smaller and perhaps use tables or other ways to layout
the sections of your site to better utilize the space.

I liked the graphics you made(the ones in your graphics section).

The link to the First Knight movie does not work(I like the music from the
movie, so I tried to access the link)

On the webhelp page, the headers fall right after the dividers. Is that
what you wanted? It looks odd to me, but if that was your intent, no sweat.

I would use the same font througout the site. Uniform look has a more
appealing quality to many folks.

That is all I can think of for now. Nice start. I also liked some of those
links you had and will be visiting them!

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com