Re: Desperat

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:38:39 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:55 AM 1/31/99 -0500, Scott Desveaux wrote:

> Hello my faithful list. Here is the task I feel I must bestow upon you:
> I am a 13 year old programmer (;-) who just started learning HTML 3 months
> ago, I haven't released any other sites, but I have many projects on the go.
> Before I fling this site into the world that is the internet, I request
> severe Critiqeing (sp),
> please help me out,
> and be sure to GIVE any comments that you feel are needed, I don't care, I
> thrive on criticizm.
> I really, really, really hope that you all can help me out, because I want
> this to blow my friends (who think the're better than me) away.
>
> <http://home.talkcity.com/WallSt/scottonline>http://home.talkcity.com/Wall
> St/scottonline
> Thanks in advance,

Hi Scott!

I am not a huge fan of splash pages, but as slash pages go this one was cute.
It loaded well and I thought the questions were neat.

I liked the javascript menu, but the green and red that comes up with the
mouseover kinda gagged me.

I can not see the entire background in 800x600 but could in 1024x768. You may
want to think about changing that but it may not seen necessary.

You need to read about the proper use of the HWG logo. You have to add "The
author is a member of" to the graphic. Oh, and you should add BORDER=0 to the
HWG graphic, too. I see a yellow border around it.

The pages loaded quickly and I like the use of the black in the background. I
am usually not a fan of black backgrounds, either.

I think you ought to re-name the SPONSORS section. Calling it sponsers gives
the impression that those folks have some direct involvement in your site.  In
this section FATHER is misspelled. You have FATER. Also, I don't see all of the
SPONSOR graphic at the top of the page. Is that intentional? Same is true of
the software and links section.

You should be consistent with the sections. The orgs and rings section has no
banner type graphic yet most of the other sections do.

Overall not a bad start at all. Good luck.

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com