Re: Please critique my site

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 1999 00:06:49 -0600
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:51 PM 3/1/99 , LadyBard wrote:

>I've been lurking for about a month now, and I thought I'd finally ask for a
>critique of my site, The Obsidian Labyrinth,
>http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dunes/6305/.  It's a personal site for
>writers of fantasy, science-fiction, and classic horror.  What I really need
>is a critique on my HTML.  I've been told a lot of the HTML I have is
>unnecessary.  I'm just learning HTML in the past 5 months, so please keep
>that in mind.  Thank you.

There are quite a bit of <br> and <p> tags that look to be totally
un-necessary. Do you use a WYSIWYG editor? They add tags like that all over
the place.

Also, look at the pages that you have that use border backgrounds. On
800x600 the words go into the background graphic making the text hard to read.

The site is attractive graphically. The buttons on the first page I liked a
lot, but they are too BIG. There are several graphics that are in my
opinion too large. It adds to download time. Well, hope this little bit helps.

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com