Re: new

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:50:26 +1100
 To:  nineto9webdesign(at)mindspring.com,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:39 AM 2/23/99 , nineto9webdesign(at)mindspring.com wrote:

>Hi, I'm new. I came to this list to improve my site.
>www.9to9webdesign.com

 Hi there!

First, the background has a lot of empy space to the right since your
buttons don't take up a lot of space. I would think about making the border
less wide. It would give you more room on the right for content.

Is the opo-up window required? If not, I would take it off. Lots of folks
don't like them. Perhaps if there is a rate you can pay to remove it,
consider that.

On the ORDER page, there is some scrolling on my 800x600 display. Perhaps
you can make those text areas smaller.

On the portfolio links, I would add a target to the frame so that the
That way people can look at the URL and bookmark it if they want.

On the whole it looks fine, but looks more personal. If you want your
business to be mainly designing personal sites, then no biggie. If you want
to attract businesses, you may want to think about making your site look
more "professional" and less "homey." Good luck!

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com