Re: Commercial Site Prototype

by Mailing List Account <mlist(at)sohoweb.net>

 Date:  Thu, 03 Jun 1999 23:52:31 -0500
 To:  Michael Channing wilson <webmaster(at)lucidmind.com>
 Cc:  HWG-Critique <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:22 PM 6/3/99 , Michael Channing Wilson wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>>From what I can tell the site looks pretty good, but it gave me a
>horizontal scroll at 800x600, which is a no no. I ran it through the W3C
>validator and the results can be found at
>http://validator.w3.org/check?url=http://worksmartbiz.com/&amp;ss ;
>nothing major, but I would recommend validation against 4.0 Transitional
>instead of 3.2.

Might I ask what browser you were using? I've seen it at 640x480 and
800x600 with IE 3, 4, and 5, and none of them gave me the scroll bar. I'll
narrow the overall table from 100% to 97 or 97% to compensate, but I'm just
wondering which browser is doing that....

Actually, to think about it, the problem is probably the width on the
center table. I didn't adjust (leave out) the percentage when I widened the
right side column. Still like to know what browser ;-)

Best,
Scott Temaat, CEO
SOHOWeb Technologies, LLC (http://sohoweb.net)

Effective Web Presence Doesn't Cost -- IT PAYS
Toll-Free: 888-421-SOHO