Re: Critique, commercial site please

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Jul 1999 19:13:22 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:02 AM 7/4/99 , Mick Slater wrote:

>Hi each and everyone,
>
>If you have the opportunity please visit www.qalaw.ukf.net  The site is still
>under development so no META tags as yet.  Any feedback on the general
feel and
>navigation would be much appreciated.  Also download times at various modem
>speeds if you can.  Also let me know which browser you are using.

Am using NN 4.6, 800x600, 28.8(on a supposed 56K modem<b>)

First of all, I am not sure why the Java is needed for those buttons that
are basically navigation buttons. It you want to do sometning like this
javascript may be better. Everything loaded nice and quickly.

The colors don't work for me and to me they look amateurish. I would use
one color scheme and stick with it on both sides of the page. Using one
color scheme makes the site look more professional. For instance, you could
keep the red on the left and make the right side white.

The "who we are" page. Are you planning on using photos on this page? If
you are, ok, but it not, this page looks really bad with the current layout.

Also, I would use GIF for the graphics of the Mr. Beaumont's name. The JPG
makes the graphic look messy.
Also, there is a big gap between the "We are" the the first person's
description. But like I said, if you plan on using photos and they are not
there yet, then I see why the space is there.

The other pages looked ok, but I would tighten up text. There is a lot of
empty real estate on the page. Good luck!

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com