Re: 1st site critique...

by Cara Fealy Choate <cfealy(at)achoate.com>

 Date:  Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:04:42 -0500
 To:  acwahl(at)inil.com
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Andy,

NS 4.6, 1024 x 768, 16 bit high color, cable modem

I'm just learning how to critique sites, so don't take my humble opinion as
completely believable <grin>

I love the definition concept on the "home" page (although, I'm guessing
that you're putting in many more links and much more information?)  You've
got a clean design going that loaded quickly on my connection.  At my color
resolution (and I keep it semi-low for a reason), the left frame's shading
went dark to light, then dark before settling into the color on the rest of
the page.  Not sure if this was the intended shadow effect, but that's what
happened. The background image looked nice -- overall, nice site.  My one
suggestion would be on the "about page" to actually have a paragraph
featuring the links, instead of straight links. I did like the suggested
script navigation at the bottom of the frame's text once you got into the
about section.