Re: i.am/briangstp

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:26:57 +0930
 To:  Katsuey <katsuey(at)katsuey.com>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

<snip>
>Well Brian, yes, there is.  I hope not to start a war here, but your sexual
>musings turned me off and I left.  I see no reason for this on a site -
>like who is interested?  No, it's not a gay bashing thing - rather I don't
>think anyone would be interested in my sexual thoughts and actions and it
>certainly doesn't belong on a site which is to be taken seriously in the
>web design arena.  It also should have a warning with it when you ask for a
>critique since minors or people who just plain could be offended might be
>involved in providing the critique.  Just my $.02
</snip>

All I can say is thank God you don't have 10 cents in your purse!

The purpose of this list is to critique a site on the basis of how it looks
and whether the content is plentiful.  What that "plentiful" consists of,
is none of your business and if you have a problem with your kids seeing
this site, then I strongly suggest that you have a long talk with them and
explain the meaning of the words "tolerance" and "acceptance". Hide reality
from them, and they'll go looking for it...introduce them to it and they
will learn to deal with *life*.

No, I am not gay but I have enormous admiration for *anyone* that has the
intestinal fortitude to stand up and be who they are!

Sheesh!

Brian, I would suggest that having your name in front of all the links is a
bit repetitive and I agree that just the link description would be better.

As has already been said...I don't like being told that I can only view a
site using a particular browser and if it were a commercial site, I
wouldn't stick around. Even if it's a personal site, I would like to think
that you will get visitors and it would be nice to make them welcome.

I tend to agree with pretty much everything that Lynnsey said and I'm sorry
that you were subjected to a public haranguing...but you're probably used
to it.

Kym

FoJo Media  -  for Creative Graphics & Web Design
Visit The Garden for FREE graphics
PhotoImpact Users - Get FREE objects in UFO format.
http://www.fojomedia.com