Re: I'll ask again

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:02:35 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:27 AM 9/22/99 , Fred Kuhne wrote:

>I tried before but only got a couple responses so I'll try again.
>
>I'd like some people to takea  look at http://www.menzo.com
>
>Only the starting page and the profile pages are in a finished state, but I'd
>like some comments before I push changes through the site.  I've just
>implemented site wide style sheets.  Please take a look and tell me what you
>think about the layout, user interface, ease of use, color scheme, etc.

Well, first of all, I am not enthralled with the flaming logo. I usually
think of warez sites or RPG sites when I see that sort of logo instead of
for an eventual forum on various programming languages, etc. One portion of
your site also just crashed my browser :)

When you get to the message forum, make sure it does not scroll for the
smaller resolutions. I am using 800x600 and I had to scroll in that section.

What you may want to do is to separate the look of the forum for
programming, etc from the entertainment part and have a separate design
scheme for each. The current design you are using is more of a "personal
page" design. Perhaps you have the flaming logo and such for the
entertainment and a more professional look for the other.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com