Re: my site

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:24:21 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:30 AM 9/22/99 , Jill George wrote:

>Ok I screwed up on my own URL It's www.vertigos.net. Sorry about any
>confusion. I've heard the other site is nice, but not mine.

Hello!

First of all, I did not see the need for the opening page. It was just
something that made me have to click an extra time. The stuff you do have
there can go on your main page. If you want a front page, have a
navigational menu there at the very least. Also, lost the animated rainbow
bar. It is tacky and WAY overused. The lightning also is not needed. The
logo by itself is better.

On the main page, I would use a smaller pic of the bartender. I would also
optimize all the photos. Some are 56K and usually more than one of those
sized pics on a page cause slow loading. Also, the type is way too large.
You can use normal type. The specials I think should have their own section
of the site instead of being on the first page taking it all up. I would
transfer that to the left menu(a section for "specials").

I would also use one color both on the left frame and the right. It would
make things look more consistent.

The neon name graphics are a little fuzzy. If that is your intent, that's
fine, but I think they would look better a little clearer.

Good luck!

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com