Re: my site

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:00:41 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:31 AM 10/14/99 , Marci wrote:

>First of all, I don't think this is the ugliest site ever, but if it is,
>will someone please tell me how to fix it.  My goal was something straight
>forward, easy to navigate, and samples of my work.  I am probably not THE
>best web designer or THE best graphics designer, but I don't think I'm any
>where close to the worst, either.  And is it normal for people to fill out
>the contact form like that?

Don't pay this idiot any mind. There are people who think it's cute to fill
out forms and guestbooks in this manner. Your site is much improved from
the first incarnation we saw. A few things:

You take a lot of real estate for the words "Specializing in web site and
graphic design." I wouldn't use that much space for that. You may want to
think of putting that right under your company name or a similar place. You
will have more space to work with.

I like the placement of the counter. Now that counter doesn't take up any
valuable space.

You may want to(as I believe Mr. Harding suggested) to have a sample
site(not a client) that has various skills utilized that you possess since
your portfolio is fairly small at the moment.

The sample.htm file has the title "banners." You may want to check out the
titles of the rest of the pages and make them fit the content(I make this
mistake all the time when I am working on something when using a basic
template).

I would consider making your graphics sample page more organized. Use
similar sized thumbnails and arrange the graphics in a more organized
looking manner. It would look better and take less time to download

HTH

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com