Re: one more time

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:13:13 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:07 PM 10/17/99 , Marci wrote:

>After some constructive and not so constructive criticism, I have
>re-launched my we site.  This is a rough sketch.  I know that the graphics
>need a little work with smoothing out the text, and such.  I think I'm also
>going to get rid of the drop shadow on the buttons.  If ya'll have any other
>suggestions about general layout or things I might add or delete, let me
>know.  Do not reply to this if all you can do is slander me and be hateful.
>Constructive criticism only, please.

Hi! First of all, remember that anything anyone here says in regard to
critique comments you can take or leave. Don't feel as though you have to
implement all of them. Pick those comments which you think will improve
your site and throw away the comments you may disagree with.

I like this look much better than the others. The look is cleaner.

When you code the link to the example sites, I would do so as to get the
new site out of the frames of your site. Personally, I find it annoying to
be stuck inside the frame of another site.

Do you know how to smooth out that text? I have noticed that all the
examples you have put up for critique have this problem(including your
sample sites). I don't know what program you use, but in PSP for example
you need anti-alias on when applying text so the text won't look so jagged.

HTH.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com