Re: NON-COMMERCIAL SITE

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:51:08 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:22 AM 10/25/99 , Fernando P=E9rez Valdez wrote:

>URL http://www.prodigyweb.net.mx/fpvaldez/club_rotario_jurica.htm=3D20

Hello!

The pages I have looked at so far load quickly and the basic look is fine.=
=20
One thing I noticed right away though was all the type centered. Take out=20
the centering of the text. It looks bad.

Also, on the first page, I would put the flag before or after the title of=
=20
the site instead of right in the middle.

Put the literacy banner at the bottom of the page. It is not good to have a=
=20
banner taking people away from a site before people even have a chance to=20
get to the navigation of your site. Your goal should be to keep people=20
right where they are-your site. I see this banner goes to a page on your=20
site, but what I am talking about here is general FYI. People should be=20
able to see the navigation easily with little or no scrolling IMO.

The navigation itself is fine. I would perhaps instead of those bullets=20
next updated pages have a "what's new" page and there list what pages and=20
other things have changed on your site. This is a particularly good idea if=
=20
you content changes regularly.

Take all the extra junk off from around the counter. The counter is mainly=
=20
for the webmaster anyway, so I would make counters, trackers and the like=20
as inconspicous as possible. You seem to have a large area taken up for=
 them.

On your "Service Avenures" page you can add VALIGN=3D"TOP" to your TD tags=
=20
and the descriptions will look better beside the graphics.

Also, keep design elements consistent. For example I saw a couple of=20
different background graphics. Choose one and keep it as the background=20
graphic throughout your site.

Overall, this is a pretty good non-commercial site. Good luck!

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com