Re: Request for Critique - http://www.webdiva.co.uk/phoenix/

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:00:57 -0500
 To:  <webdiva(at)webdiva.screaming.net>,
"HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

It looks like you're not getting much feedback on your request, so I went
ahead and took a look. It's been almost 2 minutes, and I'm still waiting
for the index page to load.

You do have a lot of links and the text is hard to read. I'm using a
15-inch monitor, 800x600 and my 56k modem to access the site on a PC
running Win95.

If you're using DreamWeaver, why do you have the Microsoft Front Page meta
tags in the head?

Your page title is split between Phoenix and Rising on my monitor and it
looks odd since the title is centered.

The font color is a little dark, particularly on the title since some of it
is camouflage green with a bright yellow split link in the middle.

How would it look if you ran the links down the left and enlarged the type
on the link headers? I know it would make it scroll, but you do have a lot
of space between the animated gif at top left and the links.

And, the page finally loaded - looks like HitMatic is a little slow in
responding.

HTH --
Tamara