Re: jepi - web critique

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:19:12 -0500
 To:  Rick Alexander <tralexan(at)mindspring.com>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Rick,

http://eighthdayweb.com/jepi/

>I would appreciate comments about this site in any form. It is a work in
>progress and the "Staging" and "Rigging" pages do not exist at this point.
>The "Rentals" page is waiting on a couple of pictures. There are no meta
>tags as yet and the "font" designations will be converted to style sheets.

Don't forget to add alt descriptions to your images as well.

>Please take note of the top right picture on the opening page (the adobe
>set) to see if you get any shifting of the bottom portion of the image. I
>have tested it in MSIE 5.0, NN 4.07, NN 3.04 & Opera 3.6 and it has
>remained in place. I have no way, at present, of viewing the page via MAC
>and would like very much to know if any shifting occurs there.

I'm using a PC, so I can't help there. But I am using NN 4.5 on a 15-inch
monitor with 800x600 resolution -- I really like the color scheme -- and
I'm not sure what you mean about shifting.

Your styropic jpg does cut the first paragraph nearly in half. That
paragraph first wraps under the adobe pic and then around the second image
which is a little awkward.

Just my personal preference, but I would like to see something added to
your top navigation menu so it looks like a menu.

Your use of images for the page titles is wonderful. I just enjoy looking
at these pictures, yet they all downloaded very fast on my dialup
connection (today, a whopping 45,333).

Since the images are so captivating, on the scenery page, is there any way
you could use three larger images - those thumbnails are very, very small
and it doesn't quite go with the rest of the images. I went to a few of the
larger images and they load fairly fast.

Thank you -- I thouroughly enjoyed my visit today!

Tamara