Re: BWD Site Review (commercial site)

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:20:52 -0500
 To:  <nolescz(at)blazenetme.net>,
"HWG Critique List" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just a couple of really basic things stick out -- do not underline!
Underlining on the web is an indication of a link. Underlining in any type
of print format is generally considered a bad idea since it cuts off the
descenders. Use bold, or color, or better yet, write it with better
subheads so you don't need to break up large blocks of text with emphasis
on individual words within the paragraphs.

Now, a personal reaction -- I like your pictures better than your logo --
the stark white against the black does not go well with the black
background whereas the rounded pictures with a neon *frame* stick out and
capture attention very quickly and invite clicking.

Getting personal again, something about the white cells and text as opposed
to the black background and white text links just doesn't work for me. I
try to be more constructive, I really do, but this is just not working for me.

I also just noticed some of your page *titles* are smaller and
normal-weight font as opposed to the larger, bold face within the text?????
Umm, if I missed the page titles on first look and I was looking, perhaps
you might want to go back and look at those again too.

HTH,
Tamara