Re: Critique Requested

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:27:11 -0500
 To:  me(at)igotnothin.com,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Doug,

Beautiful colors, nice use of tables -- very little *white* space on a
15-inch monitor, 800x600, Win95 connected at a whopping 26 tonight.

Loaded very fast for that speed actually!

I enjoy your use of fonts on the title, but your name sounds kind of like a
legal firm -- sorry, but you know there's always a *but.*

I'm not wild about your opening statements -- you have a lot of passive
language covering up some very good points.

I'm working through your menu now -- *our* designer Doug -- o.k., who are
the other people mentioned in the title/name of the business??

Your internet tools page totally throws me for a loop here -- it just
doesn't fit with the rest of the site. Are you selling a service or what?
Actually, the e-mail clients and NewsReader are nice, but then you get into
an area that kind of mystifies me. But, yes, that's a personal reaction--
and if you're going to recommend a web authoring tool -- check out
FirstPage by Evrsoft.

In my opinion, that page would serve you well if you offered more
client-friendly resources -- market watch kinds of things. Good search
engines devoted to your clientele's interests, that sort of thing.

Overall though, very nice -- very, very nice!

Tamara