Re: Please take a look at this site.

by katsuey <katsuey(at)katsuey.com>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:10:17 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
> >would really appreciate any feedback on this site from more experienced
> >people. Please be brutal if need be - I need some good advice. Friends=
 and
> >relatives say its great - but they would even if they think it sucks!

Okay I'll add my $.02

It doesn't suck Bruce and it's a very nice effort for the first go around,=
=20
but in truth, it needs some work.
First, there is no "theme" to the site IMHO.  By theme I mean that=20
graphics, fonts, colors etc. all pull together to create an over all=20
theme.  For example, your site name is celtic-web and the font on banners=20
on some pages seems to say that is the "theme".  Now, get your graphics and=
=20
colors to bring that theme together.

IMHO the two greens that you have chosen not only don't carry out a=20
"celtic" feeling (though I'm far from a master of exactly what celtic feels=
=20
like), but they aren't real complimentary of each other.  They are just on=
=20
the verge of not going together at all.

Do not get discouraged.  You cannot imagine how much I played with my first=
=20
site to get the effect I wanted.  I'd think it was pretty good until I'd=20
get out and see some others, then I'd go back to the drawing board.  You've=
=20
not made a lot of the mistakes newbies do make, so a big congrats!
           ((( =B8.-=B7=B7=B7- ^~~ ^
            (         {>=AAY=AA<}
Katsuey's Legal Gateway
http://www.katsuey.com