Re: please critique

by katsuey <katsuey(at)katsuey.com>

 Date:  Fri, 07 Jul 2000 23:20:50 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:44 PM 07/07/2000 -0400, dldesign(at)unixhosting.net wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have just completed a site for a client. I would appreciate it if you
>could take a look and give me your opinion.
><http://www.laundrysupplies.com>

Hi David,
Just a couple of comments:
viewing with Win 98, high resolution monitor with win 98 colors, 800 X 600=
=20
IE 5.01

Several pages there is a lot of flipping as the graphics come in, as an=20
example http://www.laundrysupplies.com/accessories.html and=20
http://www.laundrysupplies.com/coinop.html

Mouseover navigation:  the shadow looks pretty heavy on the roll over=20
(might be that it's down too low just a tad).  Also notice that since these=
=20
are images, you have no text based navigation for those with images off or=
=20
sightless people

The lavender in the banner seems mis-placed in that 1) it doesn't make me=20
think of laundry 2) these are industrial type products and this light=20
lavender is just not industrial

Nice "clean" looking site which DOES make me think of laundry.  How about=20
some yellows to make us think of sunshine fresh clothes?  All that black=20
font though is pretty boring.  I was just at www.about.com reading about=20
colors and the way colors assist in carrying out a theme for a=20
website.  You might want to check this out:

COLOR SYMBOLISM
The colors you choose for your site may be sending
unintentional messages. Color symbolism varies from
culture to culture and from time to time. Here's the
information you need to keep your visitors from seeing
red.
http://webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa070400a.htm

Overall, a nice site, I'd just like a bit more color and excitement in it=20
along with finding out why those images are flipping so bad on load.

           ((( =B8.-=B7=B7=B7- ^~~ ^
            (         {>=AAY=AA<}
Katsuey's Legal Gateway
http://www.katsuey.com