Re: critique request www.mywebpeople.com

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:03:10 +0930
 To:  "Nilla D Haluska" <nilla(at)teleport.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "To My Web People" <nilla(at)mywebpeople.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Nilla,

First up, I *love* your "Entrance" graphic but I found it a little
confusing that it appears to be linked to something yet it doesn't go
anywhere. I was so busy looking at that, that it took me a couple of
seconds to even see the smaller version over to the left.

MzSpellchecker noticed that in your Arthur C. Clark quote, you need to
correct the spelling of "virtually"

I viewed it in IE5 and Netscrape 4.75 and I guess you are aware that your
linked pages don't scroll down nicely in Netscrape as they do in IE.  Not a
big deal, just thought I would mention it.

I actually like the purple text on the black background but you wouldn't
want to get too carried away with it. It could get a bit hard on the
eyes...but I *love* that color and I might be a little biased.

If you're going to have a splash/entrance page, I would be inclined to use
your graphic as the main focus...maybe make it a little larger and give a
brief description of what you do underneath it along with your quote. Once
people have entered, *then* they get the rest of the goodies and I wouldn't
be telling people on the front page, that things don't work especially if
you are selling web design.

"Under Construction" and  "a work in progress" are unprofessional remarks,
since any website that is not constantly under construction or a work in
progress is doomed to a short life. If you don't have it finished and ready
to go public, don't put it up at all..IMHO.

All up, I think you have the makings of a very nice site but, in my
opinion, it needs "tightening up" and I guess you are planning on adding a
few more examples of your graphics expertise.

HTH

Kym

Web and Graphic Design
http://www.fojomedia.com