Re: Critique of Non-Profit Society site

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sun, 29 Oct 2000 10:18:37 +1030
 To:  "Andarko's Mate" <keyeball(at)home.com>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Karen...

I agree with you. Could she possibly be color blind ?  General rule of
thumb for starters is, no more than three different colors on a page and
why anyone would put that purple color on the mousovers on top of the blue
and next to the red is a tad beyond me...maybe because they can ? LOL

Without being rude, I just think the site lacks imagination and given the
subject matter, it could be terrific with a little effort. Your designer
might cook the best meal in the world, but if she throws it on the floor
before she puts it on the plate, nobody's ever going to find out.
Presentation and content go hand in hand.

I guess she knows that the scrolling background will only work in IE
too...you might care to point that out also...she can't argue with that
one...fact is fact :)

Good luck.

Kym

At 01:27 PM 28/10/2000 -0700, Andarko's Mate wrote:
>I'm hoping someone can help me with this.
>
>The professional group I belong to has a web presence.  It's not a good
>one unfortunately, and I have spoken to the designer about it.  Changes
>were suggested and options offered but the designer has stated my
>comments were of 'a cosmetic nature only and not important to the
>function of the site.'
>
>I disagree with the designers comments, and would like to present her
>with more specifics regarding the problems with our site.
>
>The color scheme used is very hard on the eyes, there is a lack of
>consistancy from page to page, and the graphics (clip-art) make the site
>appeared dated and unprofessional.  There are other problems as well
>that become evident once you visit the site.
>
>The site in question is located at http://www.ocularist.org
>
>Please, all comments would be greatly appreciated.  With opinons other
>than my own, I may be able to convince our designer I am not just
>blowing smoke.
>
>Thank you,
>Karen

Web and Graphic Design