Portal Critique

by Emily Berk <emily(at)armadillosoft.com>

 Date:  Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:23:07 -0700
 To:  hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi David:

The stories drew me in, in a tabloid kind of way.

I found this site very slow to load, even via cable modem.

The red bullets on blue in the right hand column make me squint.
And, I don't actually like the orange-on-light-blue either.

On the other hand, marketing chose the color scheme for a recent product
I worked on to be lime-green and greyish.  I thought it was repulsive.
But I'm told that the 18-21 set really likes this combination, so who am I
to say?

The Libraries page: http://www.into-the.net/html/libraries.htm is pretty
weak.

I was curious about how it was decided when to put a link into one of the
mustardy cabinets.  Sometimes, you open the cabinet, and there's just one
drop-down, in which case it would be better to just link.  And the grey
rectangle on the right side of each cabinet -- why are they there?

I use NN4.5.

--Emily