Re: Pretty Please?

by Shdowrks <Shdowrks(at)aol.com>

 Date:  Wed, 4 Mar 1998 04:14:21 EST
 To:  diane(at)webedits.com
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
RE:
>http://www.webedits.com/shelly/
>Diane Welch
> WebEdits

>>  "a far cry from the usual home page. She should be pleased."  <<
>>  "the backgrounds made the captions  difficult to read"  <<

I agree, it is a very pleasant homepage. I could also see where the text might
get lost in the background. Maybe a change of font, size or bold could help
the text stand out. Something like ariel, bold, size 3. That may even help the
pictures to stand out a little.
The animal graphic was interesting to watch as it was loading. I didn't have
to wait long at all. There is a cool java applet called "ImageChunks" that has
a similar action.
There were alot of extra tables on the pages. They might have been for spacing
or just overlooked, but unless they are really neccessary you could take a
second off of the load time if they were removed.
Good luck.
EAPennington
http://www.shadoworks.com
shdowrks(at)aol.com