Re: Let me have it!!!!

by Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 04 May 2002 13:33:52 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's a confusing site.

index.html
This page has no practical value... give me some navigation so I can move
in the direction of the reason I came to your site. Click to enter splash
pages are a waste of my (visitor's) time. Also, get rid of the white fuzz
on the edges of the dog images.

home.html
The top of this page is completely different from the other pages... make
them all the same. sqnb.gif doesn't match the background color it sits on.
You've got a mysterious "enter" button on this page and still no navigation
to the rest of the site. I thought I had already entered the site ??? The
waving flag is rather tawdry. Motion on a web page should be reserved for
something crucial to the purpose of the web site. If we agree that our web
site is to communicate with the visitor then gratuitous motion is much like
having a face to face conversation with some one and all the while you are
speaking hold your hand over your head and wave it. It's a distraction.
terry.jpg is a 250x250 image that you have coded to display at 300x300.

links for IWA, HWG, site validation, counter web sites, addme.com, etc are
of absolutely no interest to qualified visitors who are interested in
finding dogs, breeders and kennels in New Brunswick. Every time you display
them you are saying "leave my web site and go to this other web site".

At 800x600 which is still the resolution of choice too much of the page is
your masthead layout. Cut it's height by 2/3's.

Steve