RE: Critique Request

by Seth Wilschutz <swhwg(at)neo.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:20:24 -0400
 To:  "Carol Parent" <cbwd(at)means.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

Thanks for the replies... a couple explanations.

Carol:

>I love it.  Totally.  I love the colors.  I love the layout.
Thanks much.

>ONLY one complaint - when you click on the photos to get to critics area,
>new windows open.
um, oops.  :-)  At first I wasn't sure how I wanted those to work, and I
thought that I might have a separate pop-up window that would center and
present a photo gallery, but then I changed my mind and pointed them all to
the same page.  I may go back and link each one to it's specific photo page
when I have those online, but either way, I forgot to remove the "target"
from the anchor tag.  Thanks for mentioning it.

>Since you said you are in the process of bringing over data, I will be
>curious to see what you put in the middle area and how you put it there.
The middle area was tricky...
         ... in getting the text not to appear below or above the boxes on
the right side, but to wrap before them.
         ... additionally, I had to make sure that things are relatively
CSS positioned correctly, so as I add more text (some of the pages have
quite a bit), that the footer will move down with it.

Hopefully, it works out well.  I like the overlapping elements, so
hopefully when I add all the content, it will appear as intended.  I hope
to have that finished by tomorrow.

Lori:

>First I didn't even realize the photos were links
>until I read Carol's note.
In the final version, they may not be.  I think I will go back and link
them all to their individual show pages in the gallery, but I'm not sure yet.

>I do think you could distinguish your navigation area a little.
I was debating that myself; I'll play with it a little and see what I can
come up with.

>Is there supposed to be a link from the photo gallery box?
There will be.

>Then I always have to mention the sales side (sorry it is an obsession
>of mine). :-) I know you don't have all your copy on the pages, but
>where are you going to put ticket info.? It seems like that might
>warrant it's own page - especially if you offer season tickets and can
>buy them online.
A good suggestion, indeed.  Season tickets, at least for the moment, are
not available and individual tickets cannot be purchased online.  That may
change, but the ticket sales are only modest even for the best shows (it's
a small theater), so I'm not sure the possible revenue warrants the charge
in processing.

As for individual show ticket information:  I intend the boxes that are on
the right to have different content as required.  As such, when a show is
being performed, it will be listed there, etc.  I will also list ticket
information in that space as well as the main content space on the main page.

It still may require it's own page.  I'll have to inquire with the theater
people to see what they have in place for ticket sales.  Thanks for the
suggestion.

Anyone looking on a 5.0 browser???

Thanks to both,
Seth Wilschutz