Re: critique please

by Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:17:48 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lori...

The dog in the logo really needs to be better. I like the visual concept
but execution is poor. I don't know what the image was originally but your
cropping is roughly done (too many straight lines) and the edges are too
crisp leaving the image looking like it's pasted on the page. If you wanted
to send me the original image I could better advise you. After moving
around I see that most of the dog images have this same issue.

http://www.the-knickerbocker.asp/ & http://www.the-knickerbocker/ come up
404... what's the dot extension?

The back to top links shouldn't move page content when you mouse over and
that can be eliminated with your style sheet setting the line heights to
equal values.

Other Stuff contains nothing that will motivate a potential client to do
business with you so I would cut that page.

Way too much content on the home page. People are moving really fast when
browsing and most are not interested in reading a 239 word ramble over
several topics as soon as they arrive. It also gives your home page a
boring text look detracting from any interesting visual concept you place
there. I don't believe a home page should ever scroll down.

out of time
Steve
www.thewebguy.ca